The Cold Finger is simulating the temperature difference, a cooled part (finger) is inserted into the stirred and heated oil. The contained waxy components start to precipitate on the surface of the cold finger cell. By weighing the deposition after a time at a set temperature, the deposition rate can be calculated. The final amount of deposition gives the total wax content.
- 15 measuring places for simultaneous test
- Shorter measuring times
- Samples can be separately removed during test
- Improved handling
- Highly precise measurings with weight calibrated cold finger cells
- Software for documentation
- Determine wax content & paraffin deposition
- Measure wax appearance temperature (WAT)
- Development of inhibitors
- Optimization of inhibitor concentrations
- Quality control
Note: Price may vary depending on configuration & accessories.